Re: [linux-audio-user] Using DeMuDi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Using DeMuDi
From: derek holzer (derek_AT_x-i.net)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 14:32:28 EEST

Michal,

as Guenter Geiger pointed out on the PD list a little while ago, Jack
has gone through a lot of changes in the past few months. one of them is
this shm thing. the no-running-as-root thing is Demudi specific. so, as
the old sayin' says, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! i guess this
shouldn't be much of problem if you compile all your jack-aware apps
yourself, and haven't gone for any really new versions. but maybe the
latest CVS versions of PD would need this new Jack. dunno know for sure,
as i am not a devloper :-)

derek