Re: [linux-audio-user] sample splitting util question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] sample splitting util question
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 22:09:56 EEST

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 05:24:18PM +0100, Dave Griffiths wrote:

> Does anybody have a utility, script or commandline parameters for a way
> to split up wavfiles based on a volume threshold?
>
> It's common enough job - I need to split a single wavfile containing
> multiple samples into lots of smaller wavs with the silence cropped out.

Not sure if I understand what you mean but grampfile will separate a big
.WAV file into separate tracks making the cuts where it detects silence (you
can tune the threshold and length of what's considered to be silence)

Cropping out the silence may have to be done by hand, an easy job for
Audacity for example.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk