[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Scala 2.06

Subject: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Scala 2.06
From: Manuel Op de Coul (manuel.op.de.coul_AT_eon-benelux.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 22:25:58 EEST

The reason I announce this release of Scala, a program to
explore musical tunings, is that the Linux version finally
works with MIDI now. It uses the OSS devices, but I have only
tested it with ALSA. If you want to use an ALSA softsynth, you
can connect it via a virtual MIDI device.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/software/scala-20-pc-linux.tar.bz2

Scala is also very useful as a virtual keyboard, one that can be
used with any tuning. After setting the device with
Edit->Sound Settings, press F4, select a notation system, click
"Scale preset" and play.

There are several dialogs that can play, most in the Analyse
menu. You might like to try the Tonality diamond, Triad player,
Tone circle, etc.
The View->List of Chords dialog can play any predefined chord.

Any volunteers for porting Scala to OS X on this list?

I hope ALSA will support the MIDI Tuning Standard for soundcard
synthesizers sometime. Then we can have much better accuracy.

Manuel