Re: [linux-audio-user] xruns: file system ext3 --> reiserfs?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] xruns: file system ext3 --> reiserfs?
From: derek holzer (derek_AT_x-i.net)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 21:50:12 EEST

mark,

actually, the idea is to get my jack running with --realtime
capabilities w/o a system freeze due to kernel 2.4.20 + ext3 problems.
this will hopefully fix my xrun difficulties. but what you said makes
sense, so i changed the fs of my root partition from ext3 to ext2 in the
/etc/fstab and rebooted. guess what? it still mounted as ext3! why is
that?!? just to make sure, i issued a "jackstart --realtime -d alsa -d
hw", and guess what else? the system froze, just like it should.

is there another way to mount my root partition as ext2? ...last chance
before everything gets converted! :-)
and... how would one change the journalling commit time, anyway? another
thing you mention in the 'xruns vs disk activity thread' is turning off
chrond... can you elaborate on that as well, pls?

best,
d.