[linux-audio-user] RE: Capture with DIGI9636 Hammerfall Light and playback with PCI 128

Subject: [linux-audio-user] RE: Capture with DIGI9636 Hammerfall Light and playback with PCI 128
From: Martin Buechler (martin.buechler_AT_vrweb.de)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 13:19:03 EEST

Hi Steve, Paul, Mark

Since I started this thread, I want to thank you for your interesting
answers.
What I understand is: The capturing/playback is tightly coupled to the
same physical device, except one makes it to tie two different ones
together by providing an external clock/sync or propagating an
existing clock/sync-source.

The solution introduced by Mark connecting the s/pdif clocks sounds
_too interesting_ for my audio skills, that's why I decided to order
an AEB/O-4 for the 9636 as Steve suggested, since the rest of my setup
is completely analog ;) and my first goal still is to reduce delay to
zero, when recording overdubs with analog instruments.

Martin