[linux-audio-user] Syncronizing Audio file and sequencer

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Syncronizing Audio file and sequencer
From: linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 21:16:14 EEST

Greetings,

I'm sure that (one) of the answers to my question is "jack will do the trick" but I would (first) like to know any program that will do it on it's own. I haven't used jack yet because I have my hands full testing all the many apps out there and want to know what they do on their own. When I have the chance to try differnt apps and see what's out there, then I will give jack the time it deserves (I hate "kinda, sorta" knowing a program).

Anyways, can I get input from people about which app they find works best with syncronizing (multitrack) audio files (recording and playback) with sequencing. Of course, I will need the flexibility to record a sequence file along with audio files also.

So far I've only tried Jazz and it doesn't allow you to playback the audio file from the middle. You are forced to start at the beginning of the file. So obviously, it's important to be able to start in the middle of an audio file.

And hey... if it complile with little trouble with SuSE 8.1, it looks like we got a winner. Who knows, it may even come with the distrob. (-:

Thanks, and I've gotten a lot out of being on this list.
Rocco