Re: [linux-audio-user] multichannel Audacity testing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] multichannel Audacity testing
From: Moeflon (moeflon_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 15:42:21 EEST

Been there, done that.

From what I tried here, I think it is an Audacity problem. I don't get the
da-da-da-syndrome you get, but something similar. The problem occurs when
trying to mix more than 5 channels succesivly. At this point, I get some kind
of small delay in between the left channel and right channel, resulting in a
""wider" stereo-sound. 20 seconds later, audacity starts dying. Some kind of
synchronisation problem I guess.

Also I noticed an excessive use of the swap-file. (Is it normal to have +1gig
swap used with about 20 minutes of sound put in audacity?)

I'm using the latest sound-rpms from Thac.

(Should this be anounced on this list, or better, do the audacity-developpers
know they have a problem (I think)?)

Moeflon (powerdesktopuser without programmingskills :-p)

(MDK 9.1 (clean install) , P3 750, 384ram, ext3 for / & /home)