Re: [linux-audio-user] Start audio apps in different virtual desktops

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Start audio apps in different virtual desktops
From: Pedro Rodriguez (pedro_rodriguez_AT_club-internet.fr)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 12:49:20 EEST

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 15:33, Antonis Galanopoulos wrote:
> Hi all
> I m writing a simple script to start a few audio apps and connect
> them automagically. What I would like is to make certain windows to
> appear in a different virtual desktop. For example Ardour edit window
> in 1, ardour mixer in 2, pd in three etc.
> Is that possible?
> I use KDE. Is it something KDE specific?
> I tried to google for it but I dont know what to google for really.
> Any help appreciated as usual

In KDE you can use the "kstart" command line to do this and a little
more. This is a window manager issue, so if you are running another
window manager, you'll to check what is the proper way to it with it.

I also feel the need for something that setup a whole session (launching
jackd, vkeybd..., doing the proper connection).

--
Pedro