[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Ahh

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Ahh
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 13:20:53 EEST

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 09:14:36 +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> > I can't imagine what else would cause problems with LADSPA plguins in
> > general on my system. It has to be Yet Another Operator Error somewhere.
> > If these plugins were this bad everyone would be complaining,
>
> I'm sorry I missed the beginning of this thread, are there any specific
> plugins that are acting up?
>
> I think Steve will agree with me if I claim that some of the plugs _are_
> buggy. But with so few bugreports it's difficult to fix. (unless there's some
> LADSPA/swh list I've missed?)

Hey, that's the truth ;) I have got some valuable bug reports from Nick,
but I've yet to fix the problems, thier deep and tedious to fix sadly.
I have been doing a fair bit of plugin hacking recently, I'l make a new
relaese when I've fixed the problem Nick found (flanger IIRC).

Theres done seem to be some SSE2/gcc3 wierdness going on too, I saw a
mention of some related sounding problems in an article somewhere, but I
forgot what the problem they'd found was.

I have been considering a mailing list so I can get consensus on bug
reports, if there are enough interested people I'l set one up.

Another idea (suggested by Dave Phillips) is setitng up a web page where
people can make comments agianst the docs or something, but that involves
me writing the web stuff, Its a great idea but frankly I'd rather put my
efforts into writing plugins. I will get round to it if there aren't
enough people for a list though.

- Steve