[linux-audio-user] low latency

Subject: [linux-audio-user] low latency
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 07:15:59 EEST

For those of you who don't follow the jack list there was a recent
(semi) discovery htat greatly improves performance for journalled
filesystems.

The main problem is that jack writes data to a /tmp file. It has been
found that mounting /tmp as tmpfs (in RAM) solves the problems that many
people have experienced with lockups while using JACK.

Just put this in your /etc/fstab

none /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0

I have added this info to the low latency howto also.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman