Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi midiman 8x8

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi midiman 8x8
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 10:03:25 EEST

Hi Clemens,

I thought it'd be interesting for you to know that
Patrick Shirkey and I got the USB Midiman 8x8 setup
installed on my machine:
>aconnect -i
client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
    0 'Timer '
    1 'Announce '
client 72: 'Rawmidi 1 - M Audio Audiophile 24/96
MPU-401' [type=kernel]
    0 'M Audio Audiophile 24/96 MPU-401'
client 80: 'Rawmidi 2 - MidiSport 8x8' [type=kernel]
    0 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 0'
    1 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 1'
    2 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 2'
    3 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 3'
    4 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 4'
    5 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 5'
    6 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 6'
    7 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 7'
    8 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 8'
>aconnect -o
client 72: 'Rawmidi 1 - M Audio Audiophile 24/96
MPU-401' [type=kernel]
    0 'M Audio Audiophile 24/96 MPU-401'
client 80: 'Rawmidi 2 - MidiSport 8x8' [type=kernel]
    0 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 0'
    1 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 1'
    2 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 2'
    3 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 3'
    4 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 4'
    5 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 5'
    6 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 6'
    7 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 7'
    8 'MidiSport 8x8 Port 8'

I haven't used the device yet but will within a day.

A potential stumbling block for this setup is the
kernel usb module choice of ohci for AMD vs uhci for
Intel. We thought it might be worth mentioning in the
README.

Something we've noticed is that aconnect is seeing
ports 0 -> 8. Of course that would appear to be nine
i/o ports. Is that correct?

Anyway, we wanted to thank you for the code.

ron