Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.5.9

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.5.9
From: Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 13:30:42 EEST

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Dave Griffiths wrote:

> Would people be interested in a noize farm category for AMS?
> http://devdsp.net/ if you missed the announcement

Collecting patches is a very good idea. Already for some time I had the
idea of collecting them on the sourceforge page. Today I added a
"Download patches" section with a first patch which is another demo
for the phaser by Fons Adriaensen.

Thanks for the offer to add a ams section on noize farm. However I think
it is more natural to collect the patches on the ams page itself. If
people like to contribute ams patches to noize farm, I can of course
link to this location.

BTW (also from modular synth developer to modular synth developer ;-)
Dave, have a look at the Moog VCF plugin by Fons Adriaensen. It's
closer to the original than any digital implementation I know of.
Most importantly you get rid of the problem that the filter creates
crackling noise whenever you have jumps in the cutoff frequency. With the
Moog/Adriaensen VCF you can have VCF tracking with arbitrary note jumps
and everything sounds fine.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni