Re: [linux-audio-user] newbie q: making a machine

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] newbie q: making a machine
From: Tim Hall (tim_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 02:16:49 EEST

Hi

On Thursday 22 May 2003 13:54, Guy Clotilde wrote:
> Too bad 3dfx disappeared.

I have a pair of Voodoo 3dfx cards sitting around that I keep meaning to play
with, but haven't quite got round to. I'm intrigued by this statement. Does
this mean it would be a waste of time?

The fact that you most probably won't be using 3d graphics at the same time
as making music doesn't mean that you might not want them for other
multi-media purposes (Like winning over my 8 yr old son to Linux by providing
him with some cool games :-)

However I digress well OTT

cheers

tim hall