[linux-audio-user] Volume control with Delta44

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Volume control with Delta44
From: Ross Vandegrift (ross_AT_willow.seitz.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 16:08:33 EEST

Hello all,

        I've got a Delta44 and have some volume control issues with it.
I'm sure it a result of me not understanding the more complicated volume
and gain controls I've got.

        1) Under GNU/Linux, the system sounds good and everything, but
input volume is *very* touchy. envy24control has two sets of sliders
that seem to affect input levels - ADC[0123] and IPGA[0123].

        If I set the input levels with the ADC sliders, the IPGA sliders
are automatically zero'ed. Even with ADC all the way up, levels are way
to low to be useful.

        If I set the input level with the IPGA sliders, the ADC are
automatically maxed out, but things become really touchy - it's easy for
me to clip.

        2) Despite all of this, the card still doesn't have the volume
sensitivity it does under Windows. With Windows, a condenser mic is
fully as sensitive as it should be. Under GNU/Linux, it leaves a little
bit to be desired.

        What's the right way to control this stuff?

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross_AT_willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon. He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon. He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.