Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI recording, frustrated, set me straight

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI recording, frustrated, set me straight
From: Guy Daniel CLOTILDE (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 16:46:12 EEST

Hi

On 24 May 2003 06:14:05 -0700
Mark Knecht <markknecht_AT_attbi.com> wrote / a écrit:

> You want a sequencer. A tracker is a bit different in that it plays
> prerecorded audio files at specific times.

Is it not what he may want? seq24 (http://filter24.org/seq24/) for instance is oriented for live playing . It records midi tracks and play them back. Best of all, it's really lightweight.
I found that RG is a tool well suited for composing, mixing midi tracks (bass, drums, violins, etc) and audio tracks (guitar, voices).

GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/