Re: [linux-audio-user] hdr software

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] hdr software
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_attbi.com)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 01:00:56 EEST

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 11:48, derhammer_AT_mailbox.nusurf.at wrote:
> hi,
>
> iīm new here; i am into professionel recording and i want to build a 16-32
> track hdr system based on linux. hardware could be hdsp5296.
> the software is not needed for editing - only for streaming down to disk.
>
> is there a hdr-software that can do the job?

Check out Ardour.

> very important is relyability. there mustnīt be a grafical interface.
> are the drivers for the hdsp5296 or other interfaces working stabile?

Right now the HDSP 9652 drivers are not working well at all. For some
revisions of firmware, they function, but the mixer doesn't work. For
other versions of firmware (I.e. - mine!) the drivers do not work at all
and haven't worked for months.

In earlier versions of the driver I had big problems with the MIDI
implementation (stuck notes and such) that were not ever addressed to
the best of my knowledge.

If the HDSP 9652 is a necessity for you then tread carefully.

- Mark