Re: [linux-audio-user] Stable driver for USB Quattro?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Stable driver for USB Quattro?
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 21:40:41 EEST

I had problems with recording, where it was coming in so loud it clipped,
but everything working fine with the quattro and audacity under OS X, I
can use Audacity's gain control on recording to bring to levels down, but
until that's working right I get great playback, but bad recording for
now. I'll have to switch back to 0.9.2 (I'm using 0.9.3 right now), and
see if that fixes my recording issue. Playback works great, I use it live
with terminatorX and that works really well, I just had to add one extra
buffer to tX's settings and now scratching works flawlessly (when tX is
run as root). Midi seems to work ok, my only issue was with the input
volume being too loud. Also has anyone got it to work full duplex, I have
to shut off audio input to playback and then turn off playback to record
right now.