Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: modules.conf for both alsa and oss was Re: [linux-audio-user] maestro3 ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: modules.conf for both alsa and oss was Re: [linux-audio-user] maestro3 ?
From: iriXx (m_AT_iriXx.org)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 15:38:18 EEST

Patrick Shirkey wroted:
> iriXx wrote:
> > hmmm okay, doesnt sound too healthy for serious audio work then! (i've
> > gotta mix the madonna WTF album).... looks like i'm better sticking with
> > OSS for the time being...
>
> Great. Let me know when you have it done and I will buy a copy.

hey cool, will do... well its about to get pressed in the next couple of days,
sorry for the delay - we've been flat out working on mastering the album...
details will be up on the Madonna Remix Project website
(http://www.madgelloland.org/irixx/madonna/) and bLiP records
(http://www.justablip.co.uk)

> > gotta work out now how i can run alsa for my quattro but oss for the
> > maestro3 ... i suppose if you cant run the two side by side, its
> > possible i could have 2 modules.conf files, and swap them when i need to
> > run the quattro....?
>
> Huh?
>
> I used to regularly test with oss and alsa by just rmmoding the relevant
> modules and inserting the other when I needed to switch. You shouldn't
> need to use modules.conf for the maestro3 with OSS let alone two. IIUC
> only ALSA makes that requirement.

ahh cool thanks... i've never had to try that particular one so i was
expecting it to be far more complicated....

cheers

m~

--
 ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

.::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.

gnupg key ID: AEB7A31E