Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack doesn't start correctly?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack doesn't start correctly?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 13:53:43 EEST

Rohan Parkes wrote:
> I installed Jack from Planet-CCRMA. I have a Soundblaster Live with RH
> 9.0. However, Jack doesn't seem to start completely.
>
> I understand that I should be able to basically start Jack using
> jackd -d alsa -d hw:0
> or
> jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100
>
> However, it stops at
>
> jackd -d alsa -d hw:0

> creating alsa driver ... hw:0|1024|2|48000|swmon|rt
>
> I think it should set up channels, etc. Jack-dependent apps complain
> that Jack isn't working.
>
> Several times, it has done this correctly, but I can't understand why it
> worked then but doesn't now. As far as I can see, the ALSA drivers are
> loaded and working.

Do you have any other apps running before you start jack?

Did this happen several times over reboots or without rebooting?

Can you send us the version of jack you are using? It is provided when
starting jack?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman