Re: [linux-audio-user] mtc convert -> midi clock

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] mtc convert -> midi clock
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 18:08:22 EEST

All I can go by is my intuitive judgement, in this case that I was able to
get things working with less latency problems on the Quattro than with my
old Audiophile card, one thing I found is with the USB device you
circumvent the pci conflict issues, like my graphics card conflicting with
the Audiophile to the point where I was totally unable to get clean
playback or recording because of IRQ problems.

I think I worked out my recording issue on the Quattro, seems like I need
to use inputs 3&4, someday the driver will be more stable, as the
performance on my crummy imac was very impressive, though 4 channel
recording is limited to 16 bit, and I had to set latency to medium under
osx, but the recording quality is very good, so as soon as I figure out
how the alsa-usb driver is working with it I should be getting good
recordings.