Re: [linux-audio-user] Audigy 6.1 platinum and Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audigy 6.1 platinum and Linux
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 19:55:03 EEST

Hi Ron,

The thread started with an inquiry about which soundcards support Soundfont on
their onboard synth chip, so it was perhaps not exactly what you thought it
was.

Though what you ask, syncing synths to software apps is probably involved :)

The sb-live card (and it's siblings, ancestors and children) is in essence a
low cost samplingsynth. By putting a bunch of these into a computer case I
guess you could construct a fairly well working "external" synth.

As for syncing, they would be controlled by midi, I'm not sure what you where
aiming at here exactly, all synths do that don't they?

Some of the cards have sp-dif, some of the newer even have firewire (or
sb-firewire whatever that means (probably that it's broken)) so in theory
they would have pretty good soundquality as well as sync possibilities...

Later,
Robert