Re: [linux-audio-user] Laptop/Ozone usb keyboard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Laptop/Ozone usb keyboard
From: Austin (aacton_AT_yorku.ca)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 17:16:39 EEST

On 2003.06.06 10:06, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Are there other options in the same league? Mostly I'll be needing a
> midiinterface, but the integration of
> controler/midiinterface/audiointerface seemed nice to me...

I was hoping to find all three in one... blah. No luck.
I went with the Evolution MK-255 controller (MIDI out only). I'm very happy
with it. It's well built, and it required no special configuration at all.

I'm only using a Celeron 1200 with 384 MB ram. I can play a loop in sweep,
and jam overtop with fluidsynth without latency. Jack apps, however, are
horrible. Crazy xruns... not useable. Could be due to the latest jack
though... I haven't played with it much, other than installing lowlat kernel
and using tmpfs for jack temp dir. Pure ALSA apps run great though. (This is
all Mandrake cooker though... changes daily.)

I haven't settled on a MIDI/audio interface yet. I was leaning toward the
Quattro, but usage reports are mixed.

Austin

--
                         Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
              Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant