[linux-audio-user] Re: Manuals wanted

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Manuals wanted
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 19:26:57 EEST

[ manuals still wanted are ]
> Cakewalk / Sonar 1.0
> Emagic / Logic Audio Platinum 6.0 + effect plugins docs
> Steinberg / Nuendo 2.0

Hello. I don't have illegal copies of them and I don't do piracy
business. I develop free Linux software and follow the audio and
graphics industry. It is simple as that.

Indeed, when I asked Emagic for their manuals, I also asked
their Notator (~1988) manuals and suggested that they will
digitize them and place them freely available at their site.
Those manuals have historical interest. Did they do that? Nope.

I already have Logic Audio 1.5 and 4 manuals and various Steinberg
manuals if I remember correctly (and manuals, specs, tutorials of
a few tens of other software). It just is that I want keep up
with the latest ideas in the field. That is why I would like to
take a good look at the fresh manuals.

I'm developing my own software (audio and graphics editors, engines,
reverbs), but quite slowly. Most recently I have contributed to
Audacity. I have contributed my inventions to many open source
software, but they seem to need only code hackers, not inventors
like me.

OK. I help open source software, you help me, I help open source
software, you help me,... sounds fair enough?

By the way, thanks for the hint of using the manuals as rhough guides
for writing manuals for free software. Yet another reason to have
the manuals.

I don't distribute the manuals to anyone else. I move them
immediately to computer which don't have network aceess.
If interested in helping, please download to
  "ftp://ftp.funet.fi/incoming/audio/"
(files there becomes hidden and non-downloadable).

Best regards,

Juhana