[linux-audio-user] .asoundrc and the sequencer

Subject: [linux-audio-user] .asoundrc and the sequencer
From: rob buse (rcbuse_AT_filter24.org)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 21:26:11 EEST

hello everyone,

I'm wondering if its possible to manipulate my sequencer clients using .asoundrc ?

I have my laptop with its cs46xx card which always gets installed as sequencer
client 64:0. When I plug in my midiman 2x2 it gets registered as clients 72:0
and 72:1.

basically, I want to either place the midiman 2x2 as client 64:0 and 64:1 on
start up, or somehow use parameters in the modules.conf file to not load the
cs46xx's sequencer portion (since my laptop has no midi out).

I see there are some sequencer related things in the .asoundrc file, but I
really can't find what they do. Any suggestions ?

cheers
rob

Sent through e-mol. E-mail, Anywhere, Anytime. http://www.e-mol.com