Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA -> OSS mapping question for Delta 1010LT card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA -> OSS mapping question for Delta 1010LT card
From: Akos Maroy (darkeye_AT_tyrell.hu)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 23:35:19 EEST

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> It should work if you use the aoss script from the alsa-oss package
> which maps /dev/dspX to an ALSA PCM device named dspX, and define
> these devices as capture devices for the desired channels with the
> dsnoop plugin.

this would all be fine it someone would point me to some documentation
about aoss. the man page doesn't say much, except:

SYNOPSYS
        aoss osscommand [arguments]

    Arguments
        osscommand
               A command that uses the OSS API

        arguments
               The appropriate arguments and options for the OSS command.

well, what should I tell it?