Re: [linux-audio-user] how to build a studio?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] how to build a studio?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 13:51:34 EEST

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 03:12:17 -0700, R Parker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Monitors
> In the control room (printing, mixing) we use a pair
> of cheap Alesis M1Active, I think they were $600.00.
> They're not the best monitors but I know the room and
> the monitors. They work great for me. They're tough as
> rocks, we've never blown one and there's been a couple
> engineers that cut their teeth on them.

Heh, thats what I use in my studio, there not amazingly flat, but they go
pretty low, and like Ron said they are really tough.

They are also not unacceptably ugly, which I appreciate after staring at
them for hours.

We have genelec and yamaha actives (can't remember model numbers) at
work, which are much smaller, but dont sound as flat to me. The genelecs
are more expensive the yamahas about the same. We also have some midfield
monitors, but they are in a different league.

- Steve