Re: [linux-audio-user] noteedit-2.2.0 (export ABC music)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] noteedit-2.2.0 (export ABC music)
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 00:38:09 EEST

Joerg Anders wrote:
> Version 2.2.0 of the musical score editor NoteEdit is available:
>
> http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html
>
> New features:
>
> - export ABC music (http://abcplus.sourceforge.net)
> Please read The ABC music export discussion page
>
> The tool abcm2ps (http://moinejf.free.fr)
> very surprising software, because:
> o it consits of only 10 short C files,
> o it compiles in less than 30 seconds,
> o it converts Beethoven's 5th symphony (1st mov.)
> in less than 10 seconds to PostScript
> o it deals with a very easy comprehensible source
> language (ABC music)
> o it is GPL
> o it needs no TeX or LaTex installation.
>
> - MusiXTeX: export in \smallmusicsite, \largemusicsize, \Largemusicsize
> - LilyPond:
> o drum notes can be exported as "normal" notes. This is because the
> LilyPond drum notes handling sometimes produces) weird results.
> o anacrusis works (again)

wow, that's really impressive! can't wait to try it.
joerg, are there any chances you could join us at the linuxtag booth and
present your project? i think would fit in quite well, and score
printing has traditionally been a neglected topic in our demo sessions.

best,

jörn

--
All Members shall refrain in their international relations from
the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or

Jörn Nettingsmeier Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server) http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ (Linux Audio Developers)