Re: [linux-audio-user] noteedit-2.2.0 (export ABC music)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] noteedit-2.2.0 (export ABC music)
From: Joerg Anders (j.anders_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 12:21:17 EEST

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Guy Clotilde wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:50:49 +0100, Anahata wrote / a écrit:
>

> I have use cubase years before (atari 1040ste). click on the icon, place the note, shit must undo, re-click, repeat, get carpal syndrom (sp?) .
> Graphical apps are a Good Thing (tm). Just that sometimes CLI is far better :-)

With NoteEdit you can choose:

   - input with mouse (wrong pitch can be corrected with cursor up/down key)
   - input with keyboard (cursor keys)
   - input from external keyboard:
                + only determine the note pitch with external keyboard
                + record from keyboard

And you can play the score whereby the played notes are coloured red. So you can easy
find errors. Ok, you could export ABC to MIDI. But how to get the text reference?

As an example at:

   http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/abctest/abctest.html

you find Morzart's

   Divertimento in D, K.136 3rd mov. Presto.

with 200 measures and 10 staves.

        Find the error!

> .
> There are tons of abc songs on the net, but 99% are classical music or folk songs. I believe it's because of the property rights.

Yes, I searched long time for 13 examples which are free and are not all classic.

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)