Re: [linux-audio-user] Automatic sample trimming with ecasound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Automatic sample trimming with ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 17:29:35 EEST

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Emiliano Grilli wrote:

> The samples are very good, but not edited at all, so they have a lot of
> silence at the end and a variable amount of silence at the beginning.
> I wonder if the mighty ecasound can save me to edit 88*3=264 samples by
> hand with a sort of automatic trimming based on amplitude.

You can use the threshold gate for this:

ecasound -i huge-sample.wav -o trimmed-sample.wav -ge:1,1,0

Depending on the type of silence (total, noise, ..), you may need
to play with the -ge params (see man ecasound(1)).

PS And remember to set the correct sample format with "-f"
   if you don't want to change the audio format parameters.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!