Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: you might already have a hardware synth in your office

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: you might already have a hardware synth in your office
From: Oyvind Hammer (oyvind.hammer_AT_nhm.uio.no)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 15:40:49 EEST

>a buzzy "Happy Birthday" on what I remember as a printer, though
>maybe it was the paper tape reader.

That was probably not a dot matrix printer but a line
printer - they made lovely tunes depending on the
text you sent to them. Optical paper tape readers
just said "swooosh", and the mechanical ones said
"brrrrr" - not quite to my musical taste.

Bet all these kids on the list don't have a clue what
we are talking about, eh?

Off topic again, aren't we.

8-)

Oyvind H.