Re: [linux-audio-user] Mastering; Rezound, fir filter, digital clipping

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Mastering; Rezound, fir filter, digital clipping
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 18:59:42 EEST

--- Daniel James <daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com> wrote:
> > Have you try `ardour', I think it is good enough
> for audio
> > mastering...
>
> Maybe too good, in a way. I didn't think mastering
> required realtime
> performance, or more than two tracks, except maybe
> for surround
> mixes.

Mastering doesn't require realtime, that's inherint
quality from jackd. One of the reasons to develop a
jackd based mastering solution is because jackd has
soft and hard port routing which allows the JAMin
developers to focus on building a mastering solution
while someone else works on a wav player and editor.
The amount of time that's saved with jackd based
solutions is non-trivial.

When you flip the coin to the user side, jackd makes
it possible to create flexible and productive audio
environment. Again the possibilities are non-trivial.

ron