Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: you might already have a hardware synth in your office

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: you might already have a hardware synth in your office
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 01:43:59 EEST

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 11:16:41PM +0100, iriXx wrote:
> >http://www.retrobeep.com/computers/elliott/elliottSpecification.htm
> >
> >Its in the computer preservation society at Beltchly Park in the UK.
>
> wow... is it up and running?... i never noticed it there.... but i went
> about 2 years ago.... thats a good enough excuse as any to visit - along

I was when I was there 3 years ago. I was talking to one of the guys
about early computer music and he run the s/w he'd hacked up on it when
he was working with them. Amazing machine. The powersupply can melt
spanners :)

> i wanna do one of those things - line printer or dotmatrix - and then
> control it via xtend or something on my linux box.... any ideas?

Done use lineprinters unless you have lots of houseroom and understanding
neighbours :)

- Steve