Re: [linux-audio-user] Device for simple stereo dubbing?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Device for simple stereo dubbing?
From: Clemens Ladisch (clemens_AT_ladisch.de)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 15:00:35 EEST

Joseph Zitt wrote:
> Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>
> > "rmmod usb-uhci" and "modprobe uhci", then try to run lsusb again.
>
> OK, here's the output.

No change to the "cannot get config descriptor" error, so I think this
may be an error in your version of lsusb.

Well, there are other ways to get the descriptors. Please post the
output of "od -t x1 /proc/bus/usb/001/003" (003 is the device number).

> > Please try
> > a more recent ALSA version, there have been some changes to the
> > snd-usb-audio driver since then.
>
> I'm a bit hesitant to do so, since this is the most recent version
> supplied for Mandrake. I'm downloading an alsa-driver-0.9.4-fr2 RPM for
> i386 from rpmfind, though I'm unclear as to whether it would be better
> to download the source RPM and build from that instead.

There's no reason not use the binary RPM, if it works.

HTH
Clemens