Re: [linux-audio-user] New powermacs?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] New powermacs?
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 04:24:17 EEST

The problem I had with osx was that there wasn't enough good audio
freeware. Pd works well, and so does csound and soundhack, but I use a lot
of midi and find the lack of a free app like muse or rosegarden4 is not so
nice, given logic audio costs $750. What I did was go back to os9 on my
one machine and I run protools free for some things, but by and large I
use linux for most of my production and performance, but there too I use
my laptop with a korg electribe sampler and sync them together, so I don't
see linux as a monolithic solution, but it adds too many unique apps to
not have a big part of my studio, even if I'm an old mac/protools user.