Re: [linux-audio-user] NoteEdit questions (multiple staves)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] NoteEdit questions (multiple staves)
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 12:05:29 EEST

Joerg Anders wrote:
> BTW: I never wanted to write a score editor. I waited for
> Rosegarden-2.x which was announced at rosegarden home page for
> 8 (!!!) years.

*cough*

Rosegarden did get horribly delayed, but that's a bit excessive.
Version 2.1 was released in 1997, and the first Rosegarden-4
developer snapshot was about four years later. That time was
mostly taken up with the abandoned GNOME-based version 3 project.

Of course it pains me that we wasted so much time that everyone
decided we weren't going to go anywhere with it and gave up on
the project. But it's perhaps not entirely a bad thing, since I
imagine there are plenty of RG2 users who wouldn't have liked the
new RG4 much anyway (too much sequencer stuff), and now at least
there are other programs available, like NoteEdit which is more
like a better RG2.

Chris