Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa configuration with emu10k1 (sound blaster PCI512)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa configuration with emu10k1 (sound blaster PCI512)
From: kevin ernste (kevinernste_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 08:48:42 EEST

--- Michael Tench <michael_tench_AT_imapmail.org> wrote:
> I'm having trouble configuring alsa drivers,
>
> dmsg returns a line which says :
> EMU10K1/Audigy soundcard not found or device busy
>
> where it locates the card it returns:
> Creative EMU10K1 PCI Audio Driver, version 0.19, 23:04:08 Jun 24 2003
> PCI: Found IRQ 7 for device 00:09.0
> IRQ routing conflict for 00:09.0, have irq 11, want irq 7
> emu10k1: EMU10K1 rev 7 model 0x8071 found, IO at 0x3100-0x311f, IRQ
> 11

Looks like an IRQ conflict. For starters, you might try just
physically swapping PCI slots and see if this fixes things. Also,
check your BIOS and make sure you have Plug 'n Play OS set to "no".

Kevin

=====
"I should prefer this note not be read or, if skimmed, that it should be forgotten." - Mallarme