[linux-audio-user] ALSA and 2.5.x kernel

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ALSA and 2.5.x kernel
From: toby_AT_tobiah.org
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 17:43:20 EEST

Hi,

I am using the 2.5.73 kernel, and ALSA works great
built in, using the proper config options. Now I
have a need for jackd support, and so I'm guessing
that I will have to go back to the tarball distro
in order to give the --with-jack option to the configure
script.

With the 2.4.x kernels, the instructions were to
select "sound card support" (soundcore) and nothing
else. Would that be the same as checking ALSA support
in the kernel with no other options?

Thanks,

Tobiah