Re: [linux-audio-user] Cactus Data Shield copy controlled cd's

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Cactus Data Shield copy controlled cd's
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 11:27:47 EEST

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:57:37PM -0700, Joseph Zitt wrote:
> What we may be seeing here is an instance of the fallacy of nostalgia:
> sure, to reference Theodore Sturgeon, 90% of everything is crap, but 90%
> of everything always *has* been crap. Most of the older stuff has just
> been forgotten.

Heh, yeah. Agreed. I listend to an MTV dance music nostalgia show last
night, from a year when I remmembered it was all great. In retrospect - it
sucked.

There is a story that a british political comic, punch
(http://www.punch.co.uk) carried a letter its 1842 edition (the 2nd)
saying that punch was "not as good as it used to be", people have been
saying that ever since. It became the motto.

- Steve