[linux-audio-user] Driver for M-audio Audiophile USB device

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Driver for M-audio Audiophile USB device
From: Jelmer Cnossen (jelmer_AT_cyozlab.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 15:50:59 EEST

Hi, is there anybody who knows about the existence of a Linux driver for
the Audiophile USB device by M-Audio? I want to buy this one since the 2
x more expensive Quattro is not affordable in my case (and neither need
that much audio in- and outputs), allthough a linux driver seems to
exist for the Quattro (written by...?). I mailed M-Audio and they simply
reply they do not support Linux for these devices. Only their Delta
cards are supported for Linux but the drivers are written by third party
developers. Maybe it is possible to modify the Quattro driver such that
it works with the Audiophile as well, but I'm not particularly a wizzkid
for these things.... Is there anybody who can help me find a solution?

thanks in advance,

greetz

--
Jelmer Cnossen <jelmer_AT_cyozlab.com>