[linux-audio-user] Ardour and Jack (Alsa) problems

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Ardour and Jack (Alsa) problems
From: Esa Linna (denzo_AT_mbnet.fi)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 21:36:49 EEST

Finally got latest Ardour CVS configured and compiled, thanks for the
advices to all of you. But now my problem is that when start JACK with
"jackd -d alsa" and then run Ardour as root, it gives me this message in
Ardour:
"JACK has either been shutdown or it disconnected Ardour
because Ardour was not fast enough. You should save the
session and restart both JACK and Ardour."

Console says:
"Ardour/GTK 0.374.6 running with libardour 0.681.5
The font "-*-charter-bold-r-*-*-*-180-*-*-*-*-*-*" does not support all
the required character sets for the current locale "fi_FI"
  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
The font "-*-charter-bold-r-*-*-*-180-*-*-*-*-*-*" does not support all
the required character sets for the current locale "fi_FI"
  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
The font "-*-charter-bold-r-*-*-*-180-*-*-*-*-*-*" does not support all
the required character sets for the current locale "fi_FI"
  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
engine unexpectedly shutdown; thread exiting

JACK has shutdown Ardour.
Signal 2 received
ardour is killing itself for a clean exit
Killed"

and JACK gives me this message:

"could not complete playback of 1024 frames
cycle execution failure, exiting
telling signal thread that the engine is done
jack main caught signal 1"

Ok, I got one infamous integrated soundcard by VIA, but Jack worked on
that when I got version 0.62 (now 0.72.4).

Whoa, thanks already!

Esa

--
Esa Linna <denzo_AT_mbnet.fi>