[linux-audio-user] Really basic /dev/dsp question

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Really basic /dev/dsp question
From: Ken Goudsward (kengoudsward_AT_telus.net)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 05:13:10 EEST

I am trying to set up a sound card under RedHat9

Kudzu detected it as a Creative Vibra 16x PnP (CT4170)
So that is good but my apps (primarily XMMS) are trying to use /dev/dsp
I suppose I need to make /dev/dsp into a symlink to the new device, but
How do I find which /dev, if any, is setup as the new card?

Or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,
Ken Goudsward