Re: [linux-audio-user] Success stories

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Success stories
From: Hartmut Z Noack (symposion_AT_onlinehome.de)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 20:52:20 EEST

I downloaded the track "nasty valve1" an gave it a listen.
Hmmm the Intro is quite impressing - lot of personality, cool groove.
But after 20 seconds or so i hear a GM-Drumkit wich reminds me of a
Yamaha middleclass PSR-Preset - not that much personality anymore -
quite plastic i must say.
I do not blame this on your friend/musician - i guess the problem is
iiuwsynth`s soundfont-bullshit.
Whithout an implementation of a real drumsampler, Muse cannot do much
better i fear.
The Synthsounds are very promising though...