Re: [linux-audio-user] tool for bass testing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] tool for bass testing
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 20:25:26 EEST

Bryan Koschmann - GKT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a few friends that are heavily into their car stereos with the
> heavy bass. They have all sorts of CDs (bass mechanik?) that have some
> cool techno loaded with some heavy hitting low frequency bass. This got me
> curious, and since I can't find anything on Freshmeat or Google (or just
> am not using the right terms) I was wondering if anyone here knew of such
> a program that can generate some nice smooth bass. I have played with one
> of the drum editors (the popular one? cant remember the name) but of
> course it didn't seem to have any lower frequency generating drums.
>
> If anyone could point me to something like this I would be greatly
> appreciative!

It appears that good low frequency drum sounds are a combination of
synth and sine waves . You may have to experiment with a few different
tools to get the sound you want.

Bass sounds are the true art of laying IMO.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman