[linux-audio-user] Re: desparate for MIX!

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: desparate for MIX!
From: Panayiotis Kokoras (p.kokoras_AT_lycos.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 16:48:08 EEST

Hello list,

I successfully installed the Planet CCRMA CDs with all the applications on. However, I am desperate for one application called MIX (9-channel mixer from NoTAM)ported for Linux by Guenter Geiger. The reason is that I have done several pieces under that program in the University (on Unix System) and now being away of the University I cannot access them any more...

So far I tried the RPM from Planet CCRMA and the tarball from ftp://xdv.org/pub/gige/mix with lesstif lib included but the program opens with a couple of warnings;
"Warning: Cannot convert string "flat_foreground" to type SliderVisual" "Warning: No font found." and then crashes after I add some sounds. Some times it gives immediate segfault.

I would be very greatfull if any of you do run MIX without major problems under RH9, Planet CCRMA.

In fact all I want is to be able to load the files back and play them. I don't want the effects and the processing tools. I don't even want to record through that.

I would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks, Panayiotis

---
http://p.kokoras.tripod.com/