Re: [linux-audio-user] desparate for MIX!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] desparate for MIX!
From: kevin ernste (kevinernste_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 21:07:03 EEST

> I would be very greatfull if any of you do run MIX without major
> problems under RH9, Planet CCRMA.

Just to 'second' the idea, I too miss arcane old Mix as a simple, fast,
daily-use mixing/submixing app. I realize that for most Ardour is the
logical tool, but there is still, IMHO, a need for a lightweight mixer
for quick submmixing in Linux. The process of importing/exporting,
"project" creating, etc is just too cumbersome for this application.

Of those with promise I would site these:

Mix (ran under MDK 9, segfaults in RH 9 after clean rebuild)
Rt (Doug Scott's port)
MixMagic (runs, but no development for some time)
Audacity

...any others? I currently use Rt and even Csound for basic submixing.

Anyone else interested in Seeing Mix live again? I would be
interested in helping out.

Kevin

=====
"I should prefer this note not be read or, if skimmed, that it should be forgotten." - Mallarme