Re: [linux-audio-user] desparate for MIX!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] desparate for MIX!
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 20:35:18 EEST

kevin ernste wrote:

> > > Is the build under RH 9 made with Lesstif or Motif (OpenMotif) ?
> >
> > Lesstif 0.93.36-3.
>
> Sorry...my mistake!
>
> It builds with openmotif, though lesstif is also installed (?). I am
> cleaning up now to see if it will be more stable against lesstif (this
> is how I have done it in Mandrake where Mix runs well).

Yes, I suggest *not* building Mix with OpenMotif. IIRC the default build
for OM is a Motif 2.x version. Mix will build with that version but it
segfaults. I've not bothered debugging it at all under Motif 2.0, I just
rebuilt it using Lesstif 1.x and it runs fine for me. I suppose it's
worthwhile to eventually debug it under Motif 2.x but I just don't have
the time now. :(

Best regards,

== dp