Re: [linux-audio-user] low latency kernel

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] low latency kernel
From: Ismael Valladolid Torres (ismael_AT_sambara.org)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 17:54:11 EEST

Nicolas VERITE (Nÿco) escribio el 23/07/03 09:59:
> I think low latency and preempt patches are backported on 2.4
> and installed by default on desktop installations
> in mainstream distros such as Mandrake and RedHat.

I don't know about RedHat, but I don't think Mandrake 9.1 installs a
patched kernel by default. Nevertheless, you have easy access to one of
them given that contrib sources are setup for urpmi:

# urpmi kernel-multimedia

Check out this glorious article, "The Mandrake Audio Workstation HowTo".

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT8018846552.html

For RedHat, I think Planet CCRMA is also including a "multimedia"
patched kernel.

Regards, Ismael