Re: [linux-audio-user] Sound on Sound Linux feature released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Sound on Sound Linux feature released
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 14:06:06 EEST

> Fernando would be hte
> person to ask. I though you were just looking for examples of linux
> being used "for real".

Fortunately we have plenty of those!

The interesting thing about recording commercial clients (who are
paying by the hour to be there) is that the technology has to be
absolutely dependable - the client won't be interested in excuses if
it doesn't work. It's therefore a bit different from using it on your
own material, where workarounds and fixes are all part of the
learning curve.

From what Ron is saying, the Linux/Jack/Ardour combination is almost
there, but not quite ready. He's got high hopes for it though - and
by the time this article comes out (probably November issue or later)
we may well have ironed out those bugs. I personally hope to give it
a go shortly with the M Audio 1010, because we haven't been able to
get Audacity to do more than 5 simultaneous inputs to distinct tracks
so far.

Cheers

Daniel