Re: [linux-audio-user] Sound on Sound Linux feature released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Sound on Sound Linux feature released
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 16:20:29 EEST

> Ardour seems to handle volume fine, though there are still a few
> glitch bugs to iron out in beta2.

That's why they call it a beta! I'm careful not to exaggerate the
maturity of the Linux-based audio apps, when programs like Cubase
have had 15 years (or whatever) of development.

But at least the underlying system is stable - although we've had some
beta application crashes in the studio, I don't think I've ever had
to do a forced reboot or lost any saved data. There are plenty of
people still trying to make music on Windows 98...

Cheers

Daniel