Re: [linux-audio-user] aplay, plughw, alsamixer question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] aplay, plughw, alsamixer question
From: fpirrone (fpirrone_AT_localnet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 06:28:08 EEST

Mark Knecht wrote:

>No responses here also?????

Mark,

I don't have any experiences with your hardware and didn't think my
reply would be of much use to you, but running the exact command you
post on my cs4236 system produces sound that is under control of
alsamixer, as does -Dhw:0, so that suggests to me that aplay is directly
affected by the settings in the mixer.

Now, some cards do not have a mixer so they should not behave this way,
as I assume would be the case if there were something wrong with the
driver for a card that does have a mixer. In either event I would not
expect to see controls in amixer or the gamix graphical interface. If
you see them and they have no effect that sounds like a malfunction.

Couldn't find any answer to your channel question. My system does not
seem to provide a relevant option to explore this further. I fooled
around with -c and -I options but could draw no useful conclusions.

Frank